TOOLS AND APPS
Most of you may not be able to imagine a life without internet/wi-fi connectivity. It provides you access to anything in the wor ld at the click of a few keys on your computer. The internet can also be used for learning new skills.You can download tools and apps that will help you become more organised in planning your day, apps that will help you manage your money, apps for students to use and apps that will help you calm down if you are feeling stressed.You can use the one that works best for you.
It’s a challenge these days to stay focused on any task ; we have so many distractions. Our Productivity decreases and we never seem to finish our tasks on time and our stress levels increase as a result. To help combat this, you can choose an app that can address your organisational concerns; among many features, they will help you with-
- Recurring tasks
- Time trackers
- Note taking tools
- Task management
Some of them are:
A. Evernote:Evernote is a great app to keep life organized—great note taking, project planning, and easy ways to find what you need, when you need it. It can capture, organize, and share notes from anywhere. Your best ideas are always with you and always in sync. It enhances your notes with links, checklists, tables, attachments, and audio recordings. Even handwritten notes are searchable.
B. Notion: Notion is an app that provides features such as notes, databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars and reminders. Users can connect these components to create their own systems for knowledge management, note taking, data management, project management, among others. These components and systems can be used individually, or in collaboration with others family.
C. Any do: You can organise your tasks, lists and reminders in this easy-to-use app. It syncs seamlessly across all your devices.You can keep track of your progress, add smart reminders so you never forget a thing. You can also streamline your grocery shopping experience with its smart grocery list. Get your grocery items automatically sorted, easily import online recipes and share your list with your family.
In today’s consumer driven economy, it’s very difficult to not only make a budget, but to stick to it! Saving money, tracking your day to day expenses becomes a huge task. But luckily, there are many apps available that will take care of your financial stress. Some of them are:
a) PocketGuard: It is a personal finance management app for iOS devices that allows users to create budgets, track bills, categorise and organise their expenses, and detect recurring charges and billing errors across all their credit and debit cards.
b) Goodbudget:It Is a home based app on the envelope budgeting service that helps you log and allocate your finances. You can access it via your web browser or download the free app on iOS and Android devices from the App Store and Google Play store. You just need an email address and password to sign up.
c) Monefy: It helps you manage your budget and watch every rupee. It’s a financial organizer and finance tracker. Each time you buy something, pay a bill, or make a daily purchase, you only need to add each expense you have — that’s it! Just add new records each time you make a purchase. It’s done in one click, so you don’t need to fill anything except the amount. Tracking daily purchases, bills, and everything else you spend money on is quick and easy with this money manager. This savings apps will help you with money management. It’ll keep track of your personal expenses and compare them to your monthly income with the budget planner .You can synchronize data between devices using your own Google Drive or Dropbox account.
Modern World comes with a host of distractions that stop you from being in a relaxed state and getting a good night’s sleep. As everyone knows, an appropriate amount of sleep is crucial to a person’s physical and mental well being. Meditation is known to help decrease stress and calm the mind and body. We now have handy apps that will help you to achieve this desired state of a relaxed and refreshed mind and body. Some of those apps are:
- Calm: The calm sleep app has sleeping sessions available from 5 minutes to 8 hours, so you can choose the perfect length as per your need. The Smooth Alarm feature also helps you to wake up from sleep smoothly. You can choose from a range of sleep sounds. It offers you helpful breathing exercises and sleep stories narrated by celebrities for adult listeners.
The app provides guided and unguided daily meditations, a book, health and meditation videos. It features both meditation tools and sleep aids.
- Headspace:The Headspace app teaches you how to meditate and live mindfully, with guided sessions on stress management, happiness, resilience, physical health, and more. In the Sleep experience, you’ll find sleep meditations, relaxing sleep music, and sleep casts to guide you to a place of calm and rest.
- Recolor: Colour your stress away! Recolor is a Relaxing app that lets you color mandalas and other relaxing illustrations from the comfort of your Android. It’s as easy as choosing a color and touching a white surface. If you make a mistake while coloring, all you have to do is hit undo. In Recolor you’ll find more than 600 different drawings, including classic mandalas and also illustrations of animals, natural landscapes, and all kinds of other drawings. To access all of them, you have to buy them, but luckily this app offers a free drawing every day.
- Relax Melodies: Relax Melodies is designed to be an efficient Sleep-Aid App to make you fall asleep quickly and wake up refreshed. Relax, take a deep breath and go on a restful journey to sleep! Relax Melodies is the soothing app that makes sleep easy. It will help you fall asleep in minutes with relaxing sounds, sleep meditations and bedtime stories. The app has an extensive collection of soothing music, white noise, nature sounds, and guided meditations to help you alleviate stress and sleep better.
While Students can use any of the above apps to help in their student life, some of the suggested apps given below will help their specific student needs:
- myHomework: myHomework Student Planner is a free educational app available on multiple platforms. Designed to help students track their workloads, class and exam times and more, myHomework Student Planner is a useful productivity tool that works to improve time management and ensure students make the most of their time—an especially valuable commodity for them. With an intuitive and simple design, planning is easy and can be done with just the tap of a finger.
- Ridlr: Ridlr is an Indian public transport commuting and ticketing app. The app allows commuters to access real-time information about the various modes of transportation. It also books tickets and tokens through the app with digital money.
- Ridlr covers Mumbai and Delhi in association with BEST, Mumbai Metro and Delhi Metro. It also provides service for cities including Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Bellary and Chennai.
- Alarmy: Alarmy is a Smart alarm, an alarm clock. It will ensure that you don’t have any more late mornings!
Toshl : Toshl Finance is a fun mobile financial assistant that makes finance fun. The goal is to get personal finance past the boring spreadsheets and graphs. Toshl Finance brings fun and emotion to personal finance,
- Dropbox: The desktop app gives you one organized place to work with all your Dropbox content, tools, and connected apps. You can easily prioritize your workday and stay focused on what’s happening . You can organize and access your files from the Dropbox folder and from the cloud of Dropbox.. Store your files in DropBox and share it with your friends quickly and easily
- CamScanner: CamScanner is a one-stop platform for document editing and management. With this app, you can manage all your paper or electronic documents synchronously between various devices and platforms, such as mobile phones, computers and Websites. It also supports text recognition, multi-format conversion and other functions, making document management more efficient. Smart cropping and auto enhancing ensures the texts and graphics in scanned documents are clear and sharp with premium colors and resolutions. Employment News in India: It is a government’s employment/job alert app. It gives you govt. job alerts, employment listings, and Sarkari Naukri news.
Manas Mitra program
In 2017, 197·3 million Indians were found to be having mental disorders, including 45·7 million with depressive disorders and 44·9 million with anxiety disorders.
The outbreak of the pandemic has only only made the situation worse, with as many as one in three Covid-19 survivors experiencing mental health issues within six months of their infection. And to promote mental wellbeing across age groups in India, the government, has launched the pilot version of a mobile app called MANAS
Mental health app MANAS
The app, MANAS, which stands for Mental Health and Normalcy Augmentation System, is a comprehensive, scalable, and national digital wellbeing platform and is designed to augment mental well-being of Indian citizens.
MANAS is based on life skills and core psychological processes, with universal accessibility, delivering age-appropriate methods and promoting positive attitude focusing on wellness.” And although the app caters to the overall wellbeing of people of all age groups, the initial version of MANAS focuses on promoting positive mental health in the age group of 15-35 years.